My Hero

My Hero

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Night before School starts

He has spent the last few days totally excited about school starting. I mean really happy about it!  He got his clothes ready he helped put his name on everything and get it in the backpack.  He wanted to make sure I would be there (since it is a half day) to take him out to lunch.


THEN....tonight came around.  He has been crying for an hour now.  Uncontrollably most of the time.  When I ask him what's wrong there is a whole list of things:
  • Missing Grandma
  • Scared there might be a new "mean" person in his class
  • Afraid of how loud the toilet flushes
  • Leaving Sparkles
  • Afraid if he asks a question he will get a "B'
So basically just anxiety.  I have tried everything I know how.  It is at times like this that I feel like a not so great mom.  Here's hoping he falls asleep soon.

No comments:

Who visited today

About Me

My photo
I am a single mom who enjoys learning and teaching my son