My Hero

My Hero

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Grandpa B Birthday

I am going to post this even though I don't have any pictures to add right now.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA B!

I sometimes sit in awe that I still have so many grandparents around to share in my life. Our family is lucky enough to be blessed with such awesome people to build memories with.

Some of my favorite Grandpa B memories:
  • Singing german songs on the way up to Bear Lake
  • Riding in the back of his old truck all the way up Logan canyon, with Carole sitting in front because she would get sick
  • Ice skating at the ponds after grandpa cleaned them off
  • Shovel rides across the ice
  • wheelbarrow rides around quist
  • learning how to paint the "right" way
  • Learning how to do everything the "right" way
  • Ironing his shirts during the summer when we would be watched by grandma and grandpa
  • Trying to fall asleep during MASH so his snoring wouldn't keep us awake
  • watching him sing a song to Hank in german when Hank was so small
  • dressing up for halloween and visiting his school with him
  • hearing stories of how stubborn he was as a little boy

There are so many more memories that I have. All I can say is that I am lucky to be his granddaughter and Hank is lucky to have him as a Great Grandpa!

2 comments:

Carole said...

How fun!! I wish I could be there... soon enough.

Gramajanet said...

How old is Grandpa B this year? It is fun to remember all the great times you've had together. You guys really are lucky to have grand parents still around.

Who visited today

About Me

My photo
I am a single mom who enjoys learning and teaching my son